1. If someone masturbates before the age of 15 or before having a wet dream, does that make them baligh?
2. If someone masturbates while fasting, will his fast break? will kaffarah be necessary?
Please provide proof.
I am aware of the prohibition of masturbating is Islam and have made sincere taubah. I am merely asking these questions for events that have already taken place, and am not exactly sure how to proceed.
In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh
In principle, if someone experiences ejaculation then he will be rendered as baligh, even if it is by way of masturbation. In such a case, his age will not have any effect.
(Fatawa Shami, Vol.6, Pg.153, Saeed)
Masturbation will invalidate his fast and he will have to make qadha for it. However, no kaffara will be required.
(Aap kay Masail, Vol.3, Pg.284, Maktabah Bayyinaat)
And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Ml. Abdur Rahman Shareef,
Student Dārul Iftā
Concured by: Ml. Abduz Zaman, Student Dārul Iftā
Under the guidance of:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb
Dārul Iftā, Madrasah In῾āmiyyah
Visit us at:
http://www.al-inaam.com [ Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ] | http://www.askimam.org [ Dārul Iftā – Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ] |http://groups.google.com/group/shariahcompliant [Shari῾ah Compliant Business Campaign] |http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shifaa [As-Shifā` Islamic Forum] | http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ulama_sa [Ulamā-SA Islamic Forum]
DISCLAIMER – Dārul Iftā questions
The Dārul Iftā answers issues pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and can not be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. To ensure this Askimam.org will start to flag such questions. Previous questions on Askimam.org do not carry such cautionary message. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
· The Shar῾ī ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
· The Dārul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Dārul Iftā being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
· This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Dārul Iftā.
· Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited.Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.