1. It might sound a bit funny..but during salaah, i often have a feeling of breaking wind(gases). Many a times i cannot figure out … 2.I think I have done a sin..I missed out my Tarawih prayers during the last 11 days of Ramadan..i was lazy during early part of the
1. It might sound a bit funny..but during salaah, i often have a feeling of breaking wind(gases). Many a times i cannot figure out whether it has actually happened or not. As a result of the doubt I have to perform wudu a number of times during a single waqt of salah..It becomes really time consuming sometimes and may ALLAH forgive me, I do feel really tired of it sometimes… the fear that my prayers might not get accepted by ALLAH makes me do wudu repeatedly at times..the other times i try not to be bothered n justkeep on praying…. Please advice me what to do..
2.I think I have done a sin..I missed out my Tarawih prayers during the last 11 days of Ramadan..i was lazy during early part of the night . I slept at ten pm ,thinking I would get up at 2 am n complete tarwih. Most of the days I could not wake up at the intended time. Two or three days, I get up ,but prayed Tarawih partially(10rakahs one day and 4 rakahs one day) I could have prayed more but the problem above(question 1) sort of prevented me from doing so. And now I am having period( menstruation) I have already missed up so many tarawih prayers that I am feeling bad…can I make up for the Tarwih missed up during menstruation some other time? And if i do so will i get the same reward for praying Tarawih on Ramadan? and Tarawih is a sunnat e muakkadah..if i really pray a lot during last 10 nights of Ramadan, can i make up for my missed Tarawih, i.e, gather up same rewards as the Tarawih missed? I donot know whether I will be alive on the next Ramadan .
In the name of Allāh, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalāmu ῾alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi Wabarakātuh
In principle, wudu will only invalidate if one is absolutely certain of it. A mere doubt does not invalidate the wudu. The Ulama’ have written that one should be able to take an oath by Allāh jalla jalāluhu that his wudu is void. If one is unable to take such an oath then his wudu will be intact.
Nabi karīm sallallāhu ῾alayhi wasallam said that one should not leave the Masjid out of a doubt of passing wind until one hears the sound thereof or gets the smell thereof.
As far as your missed Taraweeh is concerned, you should make sincere Tawbah(repentance) from the ones that you have missed.
Nabi kareem sallallāhu ῾alayhi wasallam said, the one who repents from sins is like the one who never sinned at all.
(Sunan Ibn Majah)
There is no Qadha(make up) for Taraweeh Salah . Moreover, it is not permissible to read any salah during menses. Hence, there will be no Qadha (make up) for that too. In future, do as much ibadah as you can to attain the maximum reward and blessing of Ramadhan.
(Aap kay Masail, Vol.3, Pg.78, Maktabah Ludhyanwy)
And Allāh Ta῾āla Knows Best
Ml. Abdur Rahman Shareef,
Student Dārul Iftā
Concured by: Ml. Abduz Zaman, Student Dārul Iftā
Under the guidance of:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb
Dārul Iftā, Madrasah In῾āmiyyah
Visit us at:
http://www.al-inaam.com [ Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ] | http://www.askimam.org [ Dārul Iftā – Madrasah In῾āmiyyah ] |http://groups.google.com/group/shariahcompliant [Shari῾ah Compliant Business Campaign] |http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shifaa [As-Shifā` Islamic Forum] | http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ulama_sa [Ulamā-SA Islamic Forum]
DISCLAIMER – Dārul Iftā questions
The Dārul Iftā answers issues pertaining to Shariah. Thereafter these questions and answers are placed for public view on www.askimam.org for educational purposes. However, many of these answers are unique to a particular scenario and can not be taken as a basis to establish a ruling in another situation or another environment. To ensure this Askimam.org will start to flag such questions. Previous questions on Askimam.org do not carry such cautionary message. Askimam.org bears no responsibility with regards to these questions being used out of their intended context.
· The Shar῾ī ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
· The Dārul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Dārul Iftā being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
· This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Dārul Iftā.
· Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited.Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other contents of that website.