My sons are becomming of age and with all the “sexual education” available at school, i have overheard them speaking about masturbation. How do i handle this topic with them?

I know that if one has sexual desires one should iether get married or fast. What does the Quran and Sunnah teach us about this. Is there such a term as “ISTIMNAAR”? How do i handle this topic with them?

Answer

The sex education and the media constantly reminding one of his or her sexuality has made life difficult for both parent and child. We need to ensure that our children are not exposed to sexuality via the media. But rather we need to educate them about the Islamic view on sexuality e.g. the Quraan states “…. And those who protect their private parts….” and Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said that those who cannot marry wright away should fast.

We, as parents, need to explain to our children on how to protect ourselves as stated in the Quraan and why? We also need to explain to them the punishments Allah has laid down for zina and the reasons for it, this one can refer to Surah An-Noor. Also ask questions like why does Islam say that we must lower our gazes or cover ourselves? We need to ask questions for them to realize the merits for protecting ones? chastity and the like.

The word is Istimnaa which means to masturbate.

Shaykh Irshaad Amod / Moulana Imraan Vawda
FATWA DEPT.

Source

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestmail