Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

i have a very sensitive issue and a concerning one for which i am desperately seeking help and advice.
me and my husband were married in early 2005. I am pakistani and he is gujrati. We moved in with my in laws and i had a baby girl three months ago. we have always had problems from the start were there was alot of verbal abuse, arguments and my in laws have told me to leave, to the extend that my husband physically beat me so i have returned to my and my husband have lost our jobs. he has had a car accident also. the baby is always unwell. i need to find a home so we can reunite and live away from our families so me and my husband can live independently, thats what both familes want too.i would like things to be fine between me and my husband because he is refusing to live with me again.we have been serperated for over two weeks but he is refusing to keep any contact with me and wants to divorce me but i want things to work out between us.

i would like some duas that i can read so my husband does not divorce me or stay away from me and we get back together and live happily InshAllah.i want us to be together again and live happily with our baby in laws are refusing to allow me to be with him as well and are encouraging him for a second marriage.they keep asking for the baby and its difficult to get the baby back afterwards because they say it is their baby.i need desperate help to resolve this matter. i am seeking private help from you and hope you will reply.the address i have given is were i was living and now i am no longer there.please do help me with the best advice for saving my marriage and making my husband not remarry or stay seperated from me.

i would prefer a private reply to my email address.

thank you – Jazak Allah Khairun


Salma Bashir 


In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

We are saddened by your plight. May Allah grant you strength and courage to overcome your difficulty, Ameen.

We advise you seek the assistance of an Aalim who is also known by your husband and is respected by your husband. The Aalim could express your feelings to your husband and encourage him to reconcile. You should also recite the following dua after fardh salah.

بسم الله الذى لا اله هو الرحمن الرحيم الهم اذهب عنى الهم والحزن
Bismillahilazi La Ilaaha Illa Huwar Rahmaanur Raheem, Allahum-azhib anni Allahumma walhuzn

And Allah knows best


Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah
Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!