I would like to know if you know anything about Masum Billa?

Last  week, a Professor. Ma’sum Billah from Malaysia was in South Africa.He,we were told is an expert in Takaful and Islamic Finance.He apparently engaged in discussions with ulama in Durban before going to Johannesburg, and was advising on an investment called An-Nur which is to be launced in March 2007. I would like to know if you know anything about this person or the meeting with the ulama and if possible comment on the new investment being launched.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

We do not know Masum Billah and his An Nur Investment. We also do not know of any meeting between him and the Ulama of Durban.

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah