My wife has a bit of bushy eye brows, which I don’t like that much. Can I ask her to trim them?

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Nabi صلى الله عليه و سلم curses those women who trim their eyebrows. Abdullah ibn Masood رضى الله عنه reports that he heard the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم curse those women who do tattooing, those you make a gap between their front teeth and those women who trim their eyebrows, those who change the creation of Allah Ta’ala.” (Nasai  2/292 Qadeemi)

عن عبد الله قال لعن رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- الواشمات والمتفلجات و المتنمصات المغيرات خلق الله عز وجل . ( سنن النسائى ج 2 / ص 292 قديمى كتب خانـ )

Trimming the natural hair of the eyebrows is prohibited even if it seems to be dense and bushy. If there is a real need, at the most it will be permissible to remove only the stray strands of the hair around the eyebrows.

حاشية ابن عابدين 6/373

احسن الفتاوى 8/75

آب كــي مسائل 7/141

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Ml. Ishaq E. Moosa,
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah

Source

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestmail