My question has already been asked partially through (Fatwa # 4540 from Bangladesh). But it leaves a few aspects unanswered. please answer following concerns regarding that fatwa.
1. If i marry such a girl, would that be allowed (under unavoidable circumstances) to visit them, eat there and exchange gifts with them?
2. You are right that girl can’t be held responsbile for his father’s wrong doings but a hadith’s says (only writing what i got from that) ” that the body which was raised / grew by Haraam money, won’t see Jannah”. So, won’t this girl be in that category?
3. should / can my whole family have family ties with them? or we should avoid that altogether?
May Allah reward you best.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
1. There are two issues regarding a person working in a Bank
1. Assisting in sin.
2. His salary.
Working in a bank is assisting in sin. However if he did serve the bank, his salary will be in lieu of his service. As such, it cannot be said that his income is haram. At most, his income will be contaminated due to him working in a bank.
2. The hadith is, “Every flesh nurtured with haram, the fire of Hell is more deserving of it”.
The hadith is an expression of condemning haram income. In our clarification, we stated that the father’s income cannot be classified as haram. Furthermore, is it was haram, the girl won’t be responsible for that. It is the father’s duty to support her. If he did it wrongfully, he will be sinful, not she.
3. Family ties is farz. It will be a sin to sever family ties because of the girl’s father working in the Bank.
And Allah knows best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah