Salaatut-Tasbeeh – what if ‘Subhanallahe walhamdulillahe…….’ is recited more than the number of stated times …

I pray that Allah SWT reward you for all your good work and give us all the strength and courage to be good Muslims, ameen! I have a couple of questions I’d like to ask concerning Salaatut-Tasbeeh and another question on a totally different matter. Firstly, when praying Salaatut-Tasbeeh, when one has just completed the first/third rakaah’s should he/she say Allah-hu-Akbar when standing up for the third/final rakaah’s respectively, AFTER having recited ‘Subhanallahe walhamdulillahe…….’ ten times, while in sitting position? Secondly, what if ‘Subhanallahe walhamdulillahe…….’ is recited more than the number of stated times (unintentionally or due to forgetfulness) at any time during the Salaah? Finally, how does one dispose of a completely worn-out (and also torn) prayer mat? Jazakallahu Khairun. Allah hafiz.

Answer

1. One should recite the Takbeer when standing up, after reading the Tasbeeh.

2. There is no harm if the Tasbeeh is recited more than 10 times.

3. One should dispose of it in the any respected manner possible. However, there is no stipulated method in disposing of a worn out prayer mat. One may bury it or cast it in the sea.

for: Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Moulana Imraan Vawda