Is this bleeding regarded as menses or not? Please advise on what to do as I also intend to go for hajj INSHALLAH end of this week. I follow the maliki madhab.

On the 25th day of my menstrual circle, (which is earlier than the usual), I saw some streaks of blood (very little red stain) and assumed my period has started so i stopped praying. I didn’t see any flow until the fifth day but was just a watery light red discharge. I also didn’t see anything until the ninth day when i started seeing a little bit more (spotting) then the real flow started on the 10th day I’m suppose to round up and start prayers the following day. I usually wait for 10 days due to the fibroid I have. Is this bleeding regarded as menses or not? Please advise on what to do as I also intend to go for hajj INSHALLAH end of this week. I follow the maliki madhab.

Answer

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

The Darul Ifta only answers questions according to the Hanafi Mazhab. Please post your query to a reliable Maliki scholar.

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Ml. Abu Yahya
Student Darul Iftaa

Concurred by:

Ml. Ehzaz Ajmeri,
Student Darul Iftaa

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah

Source