Marriage date must not coincide with Qamar dar aqrab

At the time of deciding the date for nikah, some of my family members insist that marriage date must not coincide with Qamar dar aqrab. Is it acceptable according to Islam if one believes and practices such thing. Or is it correct. Please guide me asap. 

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Success of a marriage has nothing to do with the position of stars and moon. Believing in Astrological signs impacting over our lives is Shirk .There is no such thing as ‘bad luck’ or ‘evil omen’ in Islam. Each day of the calendar is filled with its own blessing and fortune. 

Consider the following Hadith:

Rasululah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said, “There is no contagion; nor evil omen nor taking ill omen from a bird nor bad luck (or misfortune) in the month of Safar.”

Qamar-dar-Aqrab has no basis in shariah. Any date can be fixed for marriage that will be in accordance to the convenience of both the families. [1]

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Anas Sharieff Qasmi.

Student Darul Iftaa

Hyderabad, India.

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

________________

[1]فتاویٰ محمودیہ١١/١٩٦

دنوں کے بارے میں ایسا اعتقاد کہ فلاں فلاں دن منحوس ہے یہود کا عمل اور طریقہ ہے.

[Sahih Muslim] كتاب السلام باب لا عدوى ولا طيرة ولا هامة[2220]

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!