Contact lenses, gold/silver tooth
- Can you wear contact lenses?
- Are you allowed to wear any colour or should they be clear?
- Are you allowed to get a gold tooth/silver tooth?
- You can wear them for medical reasons. If your eyesight is clear and you don’t have the need for them, then no, you shouldn’t wear them just to look good or to change your eye colour.
- There are some weird and scary colours out there, so we can’t permit all colours, especially as one could fall into the category of “فليغيّرنّ خلق الله” i.e. those who change the way Allah created them, meaning it is abhorrent to hate the way Allah created us – it will be an act instigated by Shaytaan to attempt to change the features given by Allah, so we should be happy with the eyes Allah has given us, be grateful to Him and thank Him for the colour He has chosen for us – stick to clear lenses.
- Yes, one sahabi radiyallahu anhu’s nose was cut off in a battle, so the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam permitted him to make a replacement with gold, which he did and it made him feel comfortable – so having a tooth made from gold or silver will be allowed.