Recently, I have bought a house present valued $250,000 from Islamic bank in Australia. I have to pay say $1500/month for 30years. I have some cash in bank say $40,000 in abroad. We have some gold as well. The total value in bank and gold is less then 250,000(house value) need to pay. Should I have to pay jakah? if yes on which amount?

AnswerBismillahir Rahmaanir RaheemAl Jawaab Billahit-Tawfeeq

Respected questioner.

You will have to give Zakaat upon the amount of wealth you possess at the end of each year, as is the case normally with Zakaat, there is no difference.[1] [2]

[1]Jadeed Fiqhi Masail- Moulana Khalid Saifullah , Page 145, Volume 1, Zamzam Publisher Print.

[2]
إنَّ الْمُؤَجَّلَ لَا يَمْنَعُ؛ لِأَنَّهُ غَيْرُ مُطَالَبٍ بِهِ عَادَة

Badai-AL-Sanai-Fi-Tarteeb-AL-Sharaii, Kitaab-AL-Zakaah, Fasl Fi Sharaait-Al-Faridha, Volume 2, Page 391, Dar-AL-Hadeeth-AL-Qahirah Print

And Allah knows best

————————————–
Please remember me in your dua’s
Maulana Khalil Ibn Ilyas Laher
London, UK