1) Is want to find out the correct procedure of a nikaah/waleemah.
2) What is the sunnat method, what are the sunnats of a nikaah.
3) After the nikaah is performed, how does the groom meet the bride? Is it done in privacy or infront of the family?
4) Is there a salaah that the bride and groom read together? Is there any such thing as giving the groom milkshake/sarbat?
5) Any advices for the bride and groom?
A: 1 – 2. The procedure is that after finding a suitable match for marriage one should as soon as possible enter into nikaah. The nikaah will be performed in the musjid in the presence of the congregation, during which the masnoon khutbah will be recited followed by the offer and acceptance of marriage being exchanged between the bride’s representative and the groom in lieu of the mahr that has been mutually agreed upon. After the husband and wife meet and the marriage is consummated the husband will then prepare a waleemah.
3. This must be done in privacy.
4. This is optional.
5. Refer to the book ‘Tuhfatun Nikaah’.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.