Marital problems

Q: My husband and I have been having endless problems for the past year now. I have left our home a few times due to his behaviour towards me . I am back at our home for 3 months now and for the last two months we have been having problems. He has hit me and also been chatting to other girls on social networks. He has a temper and his mood just switches and therefore he mistreats me. He also doesn’t want me to visit my parents or socialize with my family. It has gone so bad now that I cannot talk to my husband or ask him for anything or rely on him for anything. I feel like I am living with a stranger. What can I do? I don’t want to be with him anymore because of the way he is treating me but he does not want to give me talaaq. Please advise.


A: If you cannot manage to continue with the nikaah, then you may make khula’ with your husband. For the details regarding khula’ refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)