Marital problems

Q: I am 22 years, married since 5 years and no kids. My husband doesn’t sexually satisfy me since the beginning. I have been patient all these years and now I am stressed and disturbed and I am suffering from other problems but my husband doesn’t care for my treatment for babies and doesn’t earn well and forces me to be in joint family with his brother’s parents and brother’s wife. I am stressed and I don’t love him. Mine was a forced marriage against my will and I have sexual urges and he leaves me unsatisfied and I am unable to lead a normal life. What does Islam advice me to do. His parents don’t understand my problem.


A: Request him for a separation.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)