Q: I have a question. I have signed a paper for divorce (khula) from my husband. Did my divorce happen as I signed my paper. Can I perform nikaah with another guy? Did this invalidate my previous nikaah. I am very concerned.


A: The khula` can only be valid if the husband enforces it or accepts it.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)