Q: I have a question. I have signed a paper for divorce (khula) from my husband. Did my divorce happen as I signed my paper. Can I perform nikaah with another guy? Did this invalidate my previous nikaah. I am very concerned.
A: The khula` can only be valid if the husband enforces it or accepts it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- Q: I wanted to know where I stand in my situation. Basically, I have given my wife first divorce in January. After that, we had ruju’ done and lived fine and happy for 6 months. But again, major issues were brought up and she went back to her mothers home. It has been three months with no contact and in that time, I signed a divorce paper witnessed by a solicitor which clearly states I divorce her. This was not given to her, but am I right to assume, because my intentions are involved, it is classed as the 2nd divorce? Now, someone is trying to mend the relationship, but it has been over 2 month since this 2nd divorce. I am confused because some one has said, that between the 2nd and 3rd, even if you don’t give a divorce, if the period of ruju’ is over, it automatically nullifies the marriage. is this true? Or are we still in nikaah?
- I am writing this from UK. Yesterday during a family dispute my wife demanded divorce from me. She has been asking quite frequently but I used to leave the house to avoid such situation. But yesterday I could not leave the house and I wrote following sentence on a paper. THIS DIVORCE IS SUBJECT TO HER SIGNATURE. In fact I meant that if she signs this paper then she would be having one divorce this was my intention at the time of writing this. Later on she did not sign it. I just want to know that has this one divorce been done or not? Secondly, if it is 2nd time divorce, then is there any possibility of Ruju, because in 1997 I gave her one talaq on her parents demand? Are we still husband and wife or what is the status of our relation?
- A man divorced his wife 10 years ago (2002). The man did not say verbally/orally I divorce you but he wrote on a paper that I am divorcing you and then, he sent that paper through postman. The wife returned that letter and hence did not receive the divorce paper. But, the society people said that divorce has taken place and now, they have to live separately. Since 2002, both of them are living separately in separate houses. They have also not married anyone during this 10 years. My question is that has divorce taken place? If they want to marry again in 2012, can they marry? Even if the wife received the divorce papers, are they eligible to marry again?
- As-Salaam Alaikum Mufti Sahab, I know that giving or demanding divorce is a big sin. I have unintentionally signed divorce papers without knowing that divorce will take place even if I signed the divorce papers. When I came to know this I was shocked & depressed as I never intended to divorce my wife because I love her alot. I requested her to come back to my life as it was talaq-e-bain. But she refused thinking it was intentional divorce. My question is : Pleaes let me know if the sin of divorce is me or on my wife? Becuaes I was honest, as Allah knows, when I requested her to come back & I heard if she refuse to come back then the sin of divorce will be on her. Please clarify.
- Paper divorce …4.What will happen if we will get paper divorce in us court?
- assalamualikum,i divorce my wife by writing two times on paper,now more that three months have gone,do i need to give her third divorce or it will happen automatically