Marital problems

Q: I need some guidance. Every time I complain to my husband about his family’s injust behaviour, he doesn’t accept even though he knows that they are wrong. My husband doesn’t say anything, not even one single thing that why do they do like this? If they hurt me, disrespect me, to whom should I complain? All the time my husband gives reasons of his own workload and then in the end he complains to my family that I’m against his family and I’m disturbing him. My family can’t interfere so they consider me wrong. If I directly complain to my father-in-law, he doesn’t accept that they can be wrong. f I avoid going to them, my husband doesn’t accept. As a human being, if I find all doors closed for me, what can I do then? Doesn’t that damage me?


A: It is advisable that you speak to some of the elders of your community, ulama or some people who are agreeable and understanding and experienced. Maybe they will find a solution for all of you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)