Marital problems

Q: A woman is married for 10 years. She claims to have fallen out of love with her husband. They have one child – who is still an infant. The husband feels that they should stay together, especially in the interests of the child. What recourse does the woman have in attaining a divorce? What should the role of the parents be? (on both sides).


A: Refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)