Marital problems

Q: I’m a born Muslim who married a revert. Sometimes he comes home having consumed alcohol. Does it effect my daily salaah and am I allowed to sleep on same bed with him? Please help me to help him leave his bad habits and become a good Muslim and also will I be punished in the grave for his wrong doings? Since I married him I would appreciate an urgent reply.


A: If it is likely that he will not give up his habit then rather request to be separated from him.

Start off the following program:

(1) Ta`leem of Fazaa’il-e-A`maal, Fazaa’il-e-Sadaqaat and Bahishti Zewar for approximately 15 minutes in the mornings and evenings.

(2) Recite some portion of the Qur’aan.

(3) Do zikr of the kalimah, Durood Shareef and istighfaar.

(4) Make a collective du`aa at the end of each session, begging Allah Ta`ala for His special help, mercy and forgiveness for oneself and the rest of the ummat.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)