Q: If a father has earned money through illegal (haram) means, is it halal to get a share in his property as inheritance?


A: If the heirs are all absolutely certain that the wealth was entirely haraam they may receive their proportionate shares and give it out in charity to some deserving persons.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)