- I am over conscious about purity and cleanliness. Even though I do my best to wear clean clothes, have clean body and wudu properly so I can offer salah perfectly but I always have doubt about cleanliness. I feel if I touch most things I’ll get germs I have to repeat my wudu again. I can’t able to do wudu any place anywhere I worry about cleanliness of the place. I have 3 different clothes, I wear 1 set of clothes for toliet, I have 1 set of clothes for going out and I have 1 set of clothes for praying salah. I worry that if I wear same clothes that I went to toliet with that clothes wouldn’t be clean for salah. I wear sandals at home because I don’t want to get germs or dirt from carpet. I try to avoid touching the door handles so I don’t want to get infected with germs. I get thoughts place where I pray it’s not clean enough. If some else prays on my praying mat (carpet) I feel that person made my mat dirty I have to wash it. I waste too much water and long time in wudu and ghusl. I follow the tiny things that are not even seen by eyes to clean them and remove them. After I do wudu I get thoughts like I didn’t do wudu properly or I didn’t wash 3 times each part of body or I have to repeat wudu again because I was bit careless when doing wudu. These thoughts I get do I have to accept them or ignore them? I feel if I don’t listen to these thoughts my prayer will not be valid?
- How do keep yourself clean but not trying too hard or listening to shaytaan whispers?
- I am pretty sure I am suffering waswasas with regards to cleanliness, how can I stop these thoughts?
- Don’t pay attention to all these doubts. Till you are not certain that your clothing is napaak, then regard it as paak.
- Keep Allah Ta’ala before you at all times and ensure that you are following the Sunnah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) in everything you do.
- Don’t pay attention to it.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Checked & Approved: