Watch given to one by one’s father during his lifetime
Q: My late father has given me a watch years ago when he was still alive. I told him to keep it first since I am not going to use it any time sooner. The watch was then passed to me after he passed away. However, a member of the family told me that I should faraid it. I would like to seek your kind advice on this.
A: If you are sure that your father gave you then it is yours. It does not form part of his estate.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
Read these QA to learn more..
- If I happen to find something (e.g.mobile/purse/watch) in a public place and there is nothing mentioned about the owner on thing so found (as in case of a watch), what should i do with it? In case if I have already taken it what should I do now?
- As Salaam o Alaikum, 1) Is it allowed to for a female to watch some maulana on tv? while maulana is giving a bayan or dars e quran? 2)Are not people who give religious bayans on tv giving dawat to women to watch na mahrams on tv? 3)I have known that watching tv, buying tv and selling tv is haram, is the bayan, or dars e quran of ulema on tv a hujjat to buy ( for those who donot have tv )..or sell tv. 4)Deeni programmes which come on tv are broadcasting through satellite for that purpose one has to get a sattellite equipment or get cable installed in his home…where one can easily get to watch other haram things… no body is that muttaqqi in this world with whom shaitan is not there, donot people who watch deeni tv programmes can also watch other makroohat..on tv. last question.. 5) have known that pictures of animate objects are haram, thus watching them too is haram , referring to mufti ibrahim desai website www.askimam.com , kindly tell us whether ulema for giving deeni lecture who get themselves captured on video do right or wrong?
- Assalamou Alikum Respected Mufti Sahib, A father during his lifetime gifted his daughter a house (which was then legally transferred from his name) and also said and wrote that 30 thousand pounds of the value of another property, which he owned, is now the property of the daughter. This gift was granted because of the daughter?s khidmat of the father and his wife, due to which the daughter never married and stayed single. Now, in a twist of events the father and daughter once had an argument and during the exchange the daughter said, ?I don?t need anything from you, no house no money? referring to the gifts the father had granted her. Now the question is, by saying these words, does it have any effect of her ownership of the house or the 30 thousand pound property value, which she previously received from the father. May Allah reward you. Wassalaam
- Assalaam Alaikum, A Man dies leaving behind a wife and two daughters from the wife.He has left behind him some self aquired property. After his death , his brother’s sons ( bhatijay ) have demanded a share from the property,even though their father, i.e.; the deceased man’s brother died much before him. Earlier, during the deceased man’s lifetime, these nephews demanded a share in his property claiming joint ownership of the business between their father and the deceased man.However, the same was rejected in a court of law , by virtue of proofs,evidences and records. Is this claim , now,by the nephews, allowed?,even after the death of their father? Are the nephews entitled to any share of the inheritance from their uncle’s ( deceased man )property in the absence of their father? The deceased man did not have any liking for them during his lifetime as they embroiled him in unnecessary and unwanted legal controversies. Your answer in this regard shall be highly appreciated.
- Father gifting property to his daughters in his lifetime
- I have a mental disability where I experience uncontrollable behaviour and actions. I some times watch videos online on youtube.com against my will and watch videos that are posted from sources where you had to pay in order to watch them. I have no idea if the person that posted the videos had asked for consent from the correct people in order to post the videos online due to the rights of the videos not belonging to them. When I watch the videos, I try to do every physical and mental thing that Allah allows me to do but sometimes I space out and my mind starts watching them instead of looking away. I sometimes experience my intentions going all over the place and sometimes I literally forget what I am doing or what intention I am doing for. I sometimes watch these videos not willingly and then sometimes I forget and I feel that “heart bump” when you sin. My question is did I steal and what can I do about this situation. I have symptoms of epilepsy.