Q: I want to ask that if during chicken slaughter, the head is mistakenly detached from the body, is the chicken halaal if it was slaughtered according to shariah? Secondly after how much time can it be cooked and prepared?
A: It is halaal.
Once the chicken is cold and lifeless it could be skinned and prepared.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Dunking chicken in hot water after slaughtering them
- After manually slaughtering a chicken, Muslims tend to pluck the chicken’s feathers but some put slaughtered chicken in hot water to remove the feathers mechanically. Is this procedure halal?
- Aslamulaikum, Dear Scholar As may u know that nowadays the chicken meet imports from foreign countries. America is an exporter country from those country which export the chicken meat. We found a Video that there is not observance of Islamic rule in the time of slaughtering for getting confidence prove u can watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hidxtM5m4 This company chicken meet imports to our country so now Is it Halal chicken meat or Haram. Thanks
- Q: I have a question in regards to the machine operated knife which is used to slaughter animal. One method is the common type of machine slaughter that a rotating knife/mechanical blade is used. This machine is turned on and cuts the necks of the chickens continuously until it is turned off. Most Muftis have given fatwa regarding this type of machine slaughter. There is another type of machine which is also used at some slaughterhouses and is different from the machine commonly used. This machine has a button which is pressed down by a Muslim slaughterer who says Bismillah. The machine will only operate when the Muslim holds down the button. The Bismillah is recited by the slaughter man continuously as long as he is holding the button and this method is only applied on the missed chicken which happens only on 1 or 2 in 100 chicken separately because missing more than 1 chicken at one time is rare or impossible. The actual slaughtering is done by Muslim men holding the chicken’s neck and using the regular knife along with reciting the Bismillah. What is the ruling for using such a machine for Halal slaughter? Are the chickens which are slaughtered in this manner permissible to consume?
- Asslamualaikum Mufti Sahib. I live at Malerkotla Punjab. My question is that is the KFC chicken is Halal Or Haram. When we go to purchase at KFC Ludhiana i ask about the Chicken. They answered me that the chicken is Halal. I saw some other Muslims are purchasing too. But i am in doubt because a person tell me that the KFC chicken is not Halal they use JHATKA chicken. So i want to know that what is the write answer .Can i eat or not. 2. My 2nd question is that i drink pork in my dreams in regular two days. I want to the meaning of this dream. Jazakallah
- Slaughtering a chicken with a broken wing