Relations before rukhsati
Q: Is sexual intimacy prior to bridal departure (rukhsati) permissible if Nikkah is already done. If this is not permissible then why?
A: Yes, as long as the nikaah is done.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Assalam o Alaikum Mufti Sahab, My question is that am i allowed to do sex with my wife only after NIKAH not RUKHSATI. Rukhsati is planned after 3-6 months. If me and my wife are agreed to do so without telling anyone except ALLAH then is it permissible in ISLAM.Reply ASAP Anxiously waiting for the answer. Jazak Allah Khair.
- What islam says about “ iddat” of a divorced woman who had divorce before “rukhsati” but she had sexual relations with her husband in secret?
- What is opinion of Islam for following scenario: 1. Nikkah will be held in advance. 2. Rukhsati and Valima Dinner will be held on the second day. Please note that Bride and Groom will not spend any time together in privacy. Is it permissible in Islam to offer Valima Dinner without Rukhsati? Another dimension, families of Bride and Groom want to share the expenses of valima dinner. Is this allowed?
- Done nikah but rukhsati is pending. Want to know exact limits of rights. Question I have done only nikah and rukhsati is pending from my family side due to marriage of my elder brother. My question is as follows: (1) Can I meet my wife at her home during coming Eid time, in presence of her parents? (2) Can I give gift to her on Eid and other occasion? (3) What are other limits or boundations between us before rukhsati?
- What type of eveidence should be required to charge an adultery on woman? like whether four men see that particular female having sexual intercourse. or having relations with other men out of Islamic boundries like in a separate or going out alone with other man. If one wife is found guilty of having lewdness relations with other men then is he liable to give dower (Meher) at the time of divorce.
- Is their an islamic basis for rukhsati. Basically I am looking to do my Nikah in the next few days, but the brides family want the bride to stay with the family until after Ramadan. I have two questions. Firstly is this permissable, secondly if we do Nikkah are we allowed to have sexual relations before Rukhsati?