Working at KFC
Is it permissible to work at KFC?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
__ It is not permissible to work at KFC (in Australia), as one will have to serve haram food to the customers. (See: Fatawa Usmani: 3/398)
And Allah knows best.
Mufti Faizal Riza
Mufti Faizal Riza
Read these QA to learn more..
- I am working in a company (ABC) who is GM hired me directly as Receivable accountant, GM is assigned by the owner and fully responsible for all matters of the company. I am doing my job and fulfilling all the responsibilities as per my job description. At the same time GM owned one company which is situated in the same building where I am working, GM hired me as part time accountant in his own company and pays me some amount of money for that. My Question is that some times GM assigned me to do the job for his own company during the working hours of ABC Company, and I am doing the work for him during the working timing of ABC Company. One of my friend told me that you cannot do the work for others because ABC company pays me a salary and I have labour contract with ABC company according to that I should fulfill my working hours for ABC company. Kindly advice me is that haram for me and if this is haram what will be kaffarah, because I am doing this since 3 years.
- my name is afraz and i am 19 years old age..i am working here in sri lanka….i have a problem to ask you which is working in my mind these days ago…..i have 2 sisters and 2 brothers….i have 2 sisters means one of my sister is my own mothers
- Asalum u Alikum Waramtullah, That was very nice from hear you, I am pleased to receive the reply from you. My question was comprised form two section. 1. Working in humanitarian agencies like WFP, UNHCR, WHO in aim of working just in favor of the community in terms of dispatching the food commodity to the poor people or heading the vaccination program to the people or settling the refugees in the camp. Well the fund is always from the unbeliever?s countries like US, EUROPE. 2. The second part was about those international organizations working in Islamic countries in aim of to serve the humanitarian work or develop the communities to provide them the facilities or education programs. The international organizations are mainly from USA or from European countries. The Jobs found in above two different organizations or agencies can be the project managers or Administrations duties. These ALL UN agencies and international organizations are working in close coordination with government to stable the governance. So Am I allowed in working in US based international organization, working in the community?s development? The Job would be the making the projects for the communities favor in close coordination with the government and running the database. I hope Inshallah, I will receive the answer from you. Wasalam
- AOA,Sir i am working in a multinational Bank in UAE.Now my question is that i am working in a Loan Dept.And v have islamic and non islamic loans as well but there is hardly and difference i can find in both the loean(Islamic & Conventional)expect the word intrest and Profit.And its mandatory for us to sell both the products equaly.So working for that dept is ok for me as i m very uncomfortable please help me.
- Assalamualikum, Is working in banks, insurance, or financing companies and also tell me working in auditor office is jayaz(halal). Also Suggests me any other job related to similar fields which are haram and not permmisible in Islam.
- My question is that whether working/job on Cruise Ships is allowed or not? (1) Cruise ships have bars and casinos, so if someone works as part of management of the ship not specifically of the bars or casinos, so can working be allowed and income is halal? (2) Chances are that Jumuah prayers will be missed for several weeks or even months, so in this case working is allowed or not?