Marriage to a Lady Pregnant through Adultery
Q: Would a nikah (marriage) to a woman who is pregnant from zinaa (adultery) be valid?
A: The nikah will be valid but intercourse will only be permissible after nifaas after the delivery of the baby if the man she committed zinaa with is someone else besides her husband. (Fatwaa Raheemiyah volume 5)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Dear Sir, Is it permissible to marry with the girl with whom I have committed adultery without repentance from this sin.I did not know it but one ulema told me that this marriage is invalid if we married without doing repentence from this sin and we should make marriage again. Now we are already married, it will be difficult to call the girl family again for remarriage and they will ask also why we wanna marry again when girl’s father already gave her to me in marriage in front of whole society. Please answer if our marriage is valid as we have repented sincerely from this after marriage. Please answer what Hanafi scholars say about this matter. I would be very grateful to you. Thank you very much
- I am on a project work to Belgium with my wife; she is pregnant now (5 weeks). She already had two deliveries by operation (C-section) because she is diabetic. The Muslim lady doctor in India did not wait for the due date, due to high blood sugar. For both babies during the course of pregnancy she was taking 4 times insulin injections. The last delivery was on 11-Nov 2009. The Indian doctor advised her not to get pregnant for next 3 years. At Belgium she went for check up yesterday in a hospital, the non-Muslim lady did not give that kind of advice, she said it is okay to have delivery. But my wife is very disturbed now, she is having the fear of operation and the 4 injections every day for next 9 months, due to this reason she has become very depressive and crying most of the time. Kindly advise if she can continue with the pregnancy or abort. I am from Madras, following Hanafi Fiqh.
- What I want to know is that will I be punished for the adultery of my husband? It’s very clearly stated in Surah Nur, an adulterer for an adulteress. Since i have not committed adultery, where do i stand in this marriage? Is it a sin for me to have sexual relations with such a man? Some aalim did tell me that i would not have this problem in an Islamic state, since the punishment of rajm would be carried out. In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
- if a woman gets khula when she is pregnant with a child after commiting adultery is that khula is valid
- Marriage to Lady Pregnant with ones Child
- i) At what point the intimation can be assured as adultery. ii) Does adultery refer only to intercourse or touching the private parts,kissing will also be considered as adultery.