Qasr on Umrah
Q: I will be on Umrah for 10 days from South Africa. Will I have to make Qasr (shorten Salaah)?
A: Yes you will make Qasr.
Moulana Yusuf Laher
Read these QA to learn more..
- I am living in Saudi Arabia. Can I perform more than one UMRAH in a same day when i go to umrah. and if i want to perform umrah for my grandfather who already passed it is valid. and also can i perform umrah for live people.if more than one umrah allowed than after each umrah i have to save my head.? please guide me.
- I want to ask if qasr is applicable to me, then also if I offer 4 rakahs fardh for Zuhr and Asr in respective times instead of 2 rakah qasr then salah is valid or one must offer qasr only?
- I am living in Saudi Arabia and used to go for Umrah quite often. If we do Umrah 3-4 times in a year; (1) It is permissible not to do halaq but a regular hair cutting? (2) If not done halaq as in the past, what are the consequences of living with wife? (3) What should be done before going for next Umrah if last Umrah was not done properly?
- When praying Zuhr in Qasr, in the 2nd rakaat after Atahayyaat, I started saying AllahuAkbar and getting up, then realized I was in Qasr, and and continued Durood-e-Ibraheem. Is Sajda-Sauw required?
- What should I do if I do Umrah without putting the Ihram from Dubai? Can I proceed to Jeddah without intension of Umrah and then make the intension from there for Umrah. Please note that I will be travelling by Umrah Visa. Please guide me the Do’s and Don’ts while passing through Miqat.
- What is the ruling on Qasr Salah with respect to the following: (1) Minimum distance of travel to a destination from place of residence when Qasr becomes applicable? (2) Minimum and Maximum days of stay at that destination for which Qasr is applicable? (3) Fardh is 2 Rakah for every Salah as we know. Do we have to fulfil all the respective Rakahs for Sunnah prayers also for every Salah?