Can a man divorce his wife during pregnancy?
During pregnancy the husband should be extremely tolerant to his wife and
express more care and affection to her as she bears all the difficulties of
carrying his child. Divorce by itself is disliked; imagine giving it in the
state of pregnancy. However, despite the husband’s uncalled behaviour,
divorce given in the state of pregnancy is valid.
From Al Mahmood 10
Read these QA to learn more..
- My wife was gone to her mom,s house on her 2nd month pregnancy, after delivered a baby boy she is not return to my house instead she refused to come to my home to live with me and she want me to move her mom’s home. my mom also with me i am not ready to leave my mom. she is sick and in her old age. for the past two year we live separately. what is the procedure to divorce her and will i marry without divorce her? should i give maintenance to her and how long? we have a two year old baby boy she even not allow me to see my kid also. pls advice me
- Iis it correct that the jursits have said that there is no need to use divorce by means of a letter or written words if the wife is present at the time as it can be given verbally. divorce is only permissible in writing if husband and wife are in two different places therefore if a person is forced to divorce wife and he divorces her in written words this is not a valid divorce.
- As-Salaam Alaikum Mufti Sahab, I know that giving or demanding divorce is a big sin. I have unintentionally signed divorce papers without knowing that divorce will take place even if I signed the divorce papers. When I came to know this I was shocked & depressed as I never intended to divorce my wife because I love her alot. I requested her to come back to my life as it was talaq-e-bain. But she refused thinking it was intentional divorce. My question is : Pleaes let me know if the sin of divorce is me or on my wife? Becuaes I was honest, as Allah knows, when I requested her to come back & I heard if she refuse to come back then the sin of divorce will be on her. Please clarify.
- Assalam W.W, By the grace of Allmighty ALLAH S.W. I got married in tne month of april-2010 dated 20/4/10.My wife age is 20 and my 31. As hardly my marriage is 2 and half month old My wife is 20 – 30 days pregnant. We would like to terminate the current pregnancy as she is from UP and I am from Mumbai ,we live togetherly in joint family in Mumbai. As she is not completly adjusted to our family member and myself ,additionaolly she is very much tensed about my job which I have lost after marriage , considering all this factor she is very nervous and even I . Accordingly what we both are thinking that to convcieve the pregnancy after 6 months i.e. in the month of Feb-11 and terminate the current pregnanvy so that 6 month time is enough to get adjusted in family and with me. Is ISLAM allow us terminate the pregnancy at this stage or it is haram or gunah-e-kabira to terminate the pregnancy at this stage and does Islam allow us to do plannig for concieving the pregnancy as I have described to you. Please reply in detail as soon as possible. Jazakallahu- Khaira
- Please enlighten me if abortion or any other measure is allowed to stop this pregnancy, as the life of my wife can be in danger due to early pregnancy.
- Wife did not get any support (moral or relational) neither from her husband nor from husband’s family members. Wife is now pregnant (7 months) and is at her mothers home. Husband did not visit her any time during pregnancy. Wife has developed hatredness against her husband and his family members. Now she wants to take divorce (khula). What does shariyat Say?