Almighty Allah Ta’ala says And do not assist in sins. (MAAIDAH) The purpose of placing the festival on the web is to publicize and promote the contents of the festival, a great part of which is unislamic. Therefore, to be part of such a project will be assisting in sin, hence not permissible.
And Allah Ta’ala knows best
Mufti E. Desai
Read these QA to learn more..
- a) 95% of the (computer) software in Pakistan is ‘pirated’, is it permissible to use ‘cracked’ (engineer the program to make it usable without PAYING for it). for example an orignal Windows Installation CD costs about 100$ (6,000 Pak Rupees approx.) and a pirated cd would cost only 25 Pak rupees (not even 0.5$) b) does is make any difference if the software company belongs to a Hurbi Kaafir (e.g. Israel) c) If someone uses a ‘cracked’ (stolen) software downloaded from the internet to record audio cds and then selling them. will the income form these cds HALAAL? d) what does Islam say about ‘copyright’? (specially in DEENI BOOKS,CDs)
- I am software engg I got a project which is to put the films of international film festival on internet? The earnings from this is permissilbe or it is Haram ?
- Dear scholars, as-Salamu `alaykum. Please help us to find the right way in our life. I am a software engineer working for a software company. The focus of our software company is banking field and most of the clients are banks. The problem I am facing now is that the project that I am working is for banking software and the bank that I am working is not Islamic bank. The software that I develop or involved is used by the Bank to open account on-line through internet,applying on-line application for credit card, to view the Interest rates on internet for checking account, saving account and fixed deposits, etc.. I ask you to guide me whether doing work for a bank is haram (unlawful) even though I am not directly working for the bank and salary is given by my company, not the Bank. Jazakum Allah khayran.
- I am a student currently studying outside my home country. To meet expenses I am working part time in a Software House as Software Engineer. My employer (Software House) develops and maintains website for lottery playing. People buy lottery tickets and take part in lottery through this website. My work in this project is to test databases and website, which is similar to a clerk (accountant) in older days who maintains records of all customers in written about customers who have bought the lottery tickets. My question is that is it permissible to work for this software house or not? And can I use the money earned as salary, for my personal use like house rent, tuition fees etc?
- I am a software engineer. I need to know whether 1. Working as a consultant in a software department of a mutual-fund organization through a software permissible or not?
- I am software engineer and I also do some freelance work. I have got a project offer regarding broadcasting and scheduling video files for cable TV service provider. With help of